Acton Business Energy Efficiency Grant Program
TO APPLY FOR ENERGY EFFICIENCY SAVINGS FOR YOUR BUSINESS:
Save on energy efficiency upgrades with two exciting opportunities! The first is a 90% discount provided for a limited time, in partnership with AECOM and Eversource; the second is a Town-managed grant of $2,000 to cover any additional energy efficiency upgrades identified in the energy audit. Both are very easy applications! If you have any questions about the process please reach out to the Sustainability Office at 978-929-6515 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
STEP 1: To qualify for a 90% discount on qualified energy efficiency upgrades, sign up for an energy efficiency audit during the Main Streets program with AECOM between September 11 - October 9. To sign up, visit: bit.ly/AuditReg
STEP 2: Once you have your audit scheduled, apply for the additional savings of up to $2,000 through the Town by filling out the following form: bit.ly/ABEEGapp. The Town will reach out to notify you if your business is qualified and once you have completed the free audit we will confirm the amount that the Town will contribute. Please note that if you missed the Main Streets program dates, you can still schedule an audit to qualify for up to $2,000 savings through the Town, as long as you schedule an audit by October 25, 2023.
To learn more about eligibility and other details about the program please continue reading.
DETAILS ABOUT THE TOWN-MANAGED GRANT:
The Acton Select Board approved the use of ARPA funds to support energy efficiency improvements for businesses as part of the Acton Business Energy Efficiency Grant Program (ABEEG). ABEEG will provide eligible business owners in Acton with reimbursement grants up to $2,000 to mitigate the financial impacts of improving the energy efficiency of their physical location. The Town will allocate up to $20,000 for this program.
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis, starting September 11, 2023 to October 25, 2023. Grant awards will be announced in the order that applications were received between September-November, 2023. Communication regarding this grant program and the award responses will be sent out via email so please provide an email address that will be monitored.
You must schedule an energy audit with a Mass Save Sponsor like AECOM, in coordination with the landlord of the property, in order to submit your application for this grant program. Grants are provided on a reimbursement basis for approved expenses incurred during the period of September 11, 2023 through May 23, 2024.
Applicants must meet the following criteria in order to be eligible:
- Be an Acton business with a brick-and-mortar (physical) location.
- Self-certify that the business has less than $1,500,000 in annual gross revenue.
- Be registered with and operating in the Town of Acton (excluding chains but franchises allowed; franchise being defined as a business whereby the owner licenses its operations—along with its products, branding, and knowledge—in exchange for a franchise fee).
- Be current on their local taxes.
Energy Efficiency Grant Requirements:
- To apply for the program, business owners and property owners must be current on their taxes with the Town of Acton and provide the following:
- Grant Program Application
- Proof of Acton business address
- Proof that Mass Save Audit has been scheduled
- Self-certification of Annual Gross Revenue
- Once accepted into the program, Business Owners must:
- Provide a copy of the customized Energy Savings Proposal they receive from Mass Save after the energy audit.
- Complete the reimbursement request form by May 23, 2024 along with copies of paid receipts and send to Andrea Becerra at email@example.com. Reimbursement checks will be distributed to grant recipients within 45 days of approved reimbursement request.
- Only submit items for reimbursement that are not paid for by or reimbursed by another source or entity.
- Only submit items for reimbursement that were recommended as part of the Mass Save Energy Audit.
- Record a video highlighting the energy upgrades completed by the business and/or a written narrative of the experience to share on the Town website and social media.
Energy Efficiency Grant Program Process:
- Business or Property Owners apply to be accepted as grant recipients in the program by providing the required documents listed above.
- Business or Property Owners will contact MassSave and undergo their energy audit.
- Business or Property Owners will select the energy savings measures they want to implement from the Mass Save Energy Audit recommendations.
- Business or Property Owners will choose vendors and implement their chosen measures from the Mass Save Energy Audit recommendations.
- Business or Property Owners will submit receipts and reimbursement form to receive reimbursement for up to $2,000 of the cost of the implementation of their chosen measures
- Business or Property Owners record their experience and/or write a narrative on the experience.