Planning Division Announces Office Hours Starting 1/9/23
Although you are welcome to call or visit during normal operating hours, we will be dedicating Mondays from 2-4PM to assure a planner is available to assist you with your questions.
The responsibilities of the Planning Department include:
- Engaging in long-range planning for Acton
- Enforcing the zoning and other Town bylaws
- Planning and implementing alternative transportation facilities
- Providing wide-ranging support to the Boards and Committees of Acton
- Maintaining and further developing the Town's zoning bylaw and subdivision rules
- Other community improvements and fulfilling various State and Federally required reporting and monitoring functions
The Planning Department conducts all statutory planning and permitting functions in a timely manner and with unbiased professionalism, fosters community pride, a sense of place and understanding, and confidence about the future direction of the Town. It also advocates sustainable growth to improve the quality of human life and lessen the burdens on wildlife and natural resources.