There are several exciting sustainability initiatives happening right now to continue celebrating!
There are three things you can do today, from the comfort of your phone or computer:
- Seek support or guidance to make your home more sustainable by switching to clean energy technologies: Schedule a meeting with a trained volunteer Energy Coach from the community by visiting abode.energy/acton.
- Save water! Take the pledge together with the Town of Acton and the Acton Water District: visit mywaterpledge.com and search for Acton, Massachusetts to take the 4-step conservation pledge.
- Sign up for Energize Acton to join your Acton friends and neighbors and keep track of actions like installing solar or switching to an induction stove. Visit energizeacton.org!
If you want to get moving this week, there are three exciting events you can take part in:
- Join the Acton Water District, AB PIP STEM, and EnergizeActon at the start of the week with a guided Acton Water Wise Nature Walk on Wednesday, from 3:00-4:30PM. For more details and to register click here!
- Kick off the weekend with a tree planting in celebration of Arbor Day at the Acton Memorial Library on Friday at 9:30AM. Did you know that Acton is a Tree City USA? The Town has received national recognition for making trees a priority and meeting several targets, including establishing an annual forestry budget.
- And finally, top off Earth Week with a tour of clean energy homes around Acton. Explore solar, uncover the exciting world of ground-source heat pumps, ask questions about the transition to air-source heat pumps, and so much more. Click here for information about the homes on this year’s tour and to register click here.