Dog Park Committee
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available before each meeting.
Minutes are available following approval.
View the Committee Membership List
- Identify a suitable location or locations for one or more dog parks within the Town of Acton, considering such factors as (but not limited to) location, size, topography, drainage, accessibility, traffic patterns, parking needs, and neighborhood impacts.
- Solicit public comment; present recommendations to the public at large and make a final recommendation to the Board of Selectmen for approval.
- In concert with the Land Use Department and Board of Selectmen, take whatever steps are necessary to secure the use of the selected property/ies.
- Estimate costs for the park(s)’ design, construction, and maintenance.
- Identify funding sources and secure funding for dog park design, construction, and ongoing maintenance.
- Work with town officials to oversee the design and construction of the park(s).
- Create a plan for the long-term oversight and maintenance of the park(s).
- Advise public officials and boards (e.g., Planning Board) about the benefits of dog parks. Advocate for the inclusion of “pocket” dog parks as a part of any large-scale housing developments that come before the boards for approval and permitting.